Assassin's Creed: Unity

Assassin's Creed: Unity Achievements

Defender of Franciade

Complete Suger's Legacy and recover the Eagle of Suger.

The Suger’s Legacy riddles are exactly like the Nostradamus Enigma riddles in the main game. There are 7 total and the object of them is to locate a symbol using your Eagle Vision, interact with it, read the riddle and locate three more symbols to solve the riddle. To start each of these, locate an icon on the map that looks like a scroll, travel to it and interact with it to start the mission. They appear after you complete Memory 3, ‘A Shadow from the Past’.

Two of the 7 are part of the story and you cannot continue to Memory 4, ‘Raising the Dead’, without solving them. Since there are waypoints marking each symbol for them, videos are not included. Complete all 7 and you will have access to the Eagle of Suger, a powerful sword that emits a flash of light when you strike an enemy, blinding them. Locate the final scroll on the map to retrieve the sword and the achievement will unlock.

Solving these puzzles is a requirement for “Hydrogen Bonded”.

Thanks to PowerPyx for the video:

Comment #1 by WORLDEATER
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 @ 04:39:10 PM

Here is a detailed video guide of the soutions.

Comment #2 by vmlabarbera27
Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 05:17:11 PM

Has anyone successfully unlocked this one? Progress tracker says I'm 100% for Suger's Legacy but the achievement didn't pop and the sword is still locked. Thanks.

Comment #3 by vmlabarbera27
Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 06:17:45 PM

So I figured it out (for my issue, at least). You have to go back to Basilica Saint Denis. You'll see a scroll marker. Just go there and interact.

Comment #4 by KitanaPurple
Friday, January 16, 2015 @ 03:14:35 AM

Did you unlock this achievement after you get the sword and can you use it? I have the sword but cannot equip it, and the achievement didn't unlock...

Comment #5 by x112502x
Friday, January 16, 2015 @ 05:56:42 PM

Same here... The trigger is broke on all platforms.

Comment #6 by Mike Decker
Saturday, January 17, 2015 @ 12:59:16 AM

I have the same problem. I have the sword, but can't equip it and the achievement didn't pop.

Comment #7 by Battle Seeker
Saturday, January 17, 2015 @ 06:03:07 PM

Here is a link to a video that helped me get this achievement but along with the video I uninstalled the Revolutionary Armaments Pack I don't know if this will work 100% for you but worth the try.

Comment #8 by exCOESes
Sunday, January 18, 2015 @ 12:19:10 AM

I also had the sword unlocked but couldn't equip it, tried some uninstall and reinstall which didn't help.
What finally helped me: I had a guillotine gun equipped and decided to equip a pistol to see what would happen.. equipped the pistol left the menu and... the achievement popped! And I was finally able to use the Eagle of Suger!

Hope this will work for you guys as well!

Comment #9 by KitanaPurple
Sunday, January 18, 2015 @ 04:42:49 AM

Thank you for the video! I can equip the sword.

If you have equip the sword, but the achievement didn't popped, it is because of the Revolutionary Armament Pack. Uninstall the pack and Dead Kings. Install Dead Kings, start the game. The achievement will unlocking (don't forget to equip the sword like is it explain in the video).

Comment #10 by KickNaZZ
Sunday, January 18, 2015 @ 05:23:50 AM

Easy guide to all solutions:

Unity Playlist:

Comment #11 by EPICzxDYNASTY
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 @ 12:41:23 AM

Here's a video I uploaded on for a fix http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3emNJj2EQ this will work 100% for you!

Comment #12 by DarkShare
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 @ 03:22:28 AM

Video guide to solve the enigmas of the Suger's Legacy mission, and obtain the achievement Defender of Franciade. There's a timeline in the descryption of the video with a shortcut to each of them.

Comment #13 by ShowydroidSuper
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 @ 05:25:34 PM

Anyone now what happens With this achievements because i get 100 % on the puzzel but no achivements

Any help ?

Comment #14 by Middleton92
Sunday, February 15, 2015 @ 04:00:17 PM

Yeah, its broken. I've got 100% in the missions and i can equip the sword by equipping The Iron Dragon, then any pistol, but yet no cheevo.

Comment #15 by Mirtnamuppet
Monday, February 16, 2015 @ 03:24:38 PM

Heard about the glitch. I equipped a "long" weapon before retrieving the sword. Achievement popped no problem.

Comment #16 by renropeXB1
Thursday, February 11, 2016 @ 11:12:21 AM

Hi pals! I'm desperate... this damm achieve does not popped for me! I've already tried EVERY 'solution' found on web and it doesnt work. Could someone help me plz? Also looking for some dudes to play cooperative missions. Thx and cya!
GT: renropeXB1.