Darksiders 2

Darksiders 2 Achievements

Like a Noss

Defeat the four creatures named by Thane

After defeating Thane for a sidequest, he will talk about these four creatures in which you need to kill.

1. Bheithir - Located in basement of The Nook. Must have Deathgrip to fight.
  2. Gorewood - Located in The Weeping Crag.
  3. Achidna - This boss is story related (fought during the main quest).
  4. Deposed King - Located in The Lair of the Deposed King. Must be high level.

You will get these by following this walkthrough HERE.

Comment #1 by Zerosbane
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 @ 10:08:04 PM

Gorwood is in the Weeping Crag. You'll go down some stairs to a narrow pool. Swim to the bottom and there will be a tunnel that leads to his cave.

Comment #2 by Accursius13
Thursday, August 16, 2012 @ 11:13:58 AM

You need to defeat thane in a spar match before he gives you the quest. if your having trouble beating him, come back at a higher level, otherwise one hit and match over

Comment #3 by Shakenbacon8033
Thursday, August 16, 2012 @ 01:39:51 PM

Level 10 should be the earliest you fight Thane in my opinion

Comment #4 by Evil_laharl
Friday, August 17, 2012 @ 08:11:11 AM

Beat him at level 6 just after getting my reaper form. Also used some of the pre-order weapons that have a 200+ damage stat.

Comment #5 by ImaginaryRuins
Friday, August 17, 2012 @ 12:37:07 PM

The 4 creatures are Gorewood, Bheithir, the Deposed King, and Achidna (in earliest fightable order).

Gorewood's attack pattern is very obvious and easy to dodge, so with Chaos Fang (Darksiders I completed weapon reward) it can be defeated with just some practice, in the early stage at about level 4.

Bheithir is a fire bat in the Nook, and the Death Grap ability is mandatory to reach it. The Redemption gun is basically the only weapon I needed. Most of the time was for evading attacks. The instance kill prompt appeared when only knocked out half of its HP.

The Deposed King is in the City of Dead area (forgot which dungeon). I was seriously underlevelled when challenging him (level 13 only), but once figured out his attack pattern it's just patience and carefulness to slowly kill it

Comment #6 by SubPar Sauce
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 @ 09:40:30 PM

@imaginaryruins
the "deposed king" is in "the lair of the deposed king"

Comment #7 by mikepaul
Monday, August 27, 2012 @ 11:25:36 AM

I am seriously annoyed by how close I've come to killing the Deposed King, only to get frozen in mid-dodge. I have done a respec to put a single point into Teleport Slash (Harvest and Murder seemed more profitable up to the Level 19 I'm at now) so when I feel like it again, I'll be able to get behind him as needed. Kinda wish there was a mod to lock my left trigger down so hitting other buttons in combination would be easier...

Comment #8 by Viper Hotdog
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 @ 02:38:40 PM

Not too terribly hard. Beat Thane at lv 5 and finished this line on Deposed King at lv 17. The trick with any of them seems to be timing. Also teleport slash is great for a good hit and placing you behind enemies, particularly when it comes to the Deposed King. Achidna is storyline so she's not all that hard at all

Comment #9 by local bellboy
Monday, September 03, 2012 @ 06:36:29 PM

I have found that using the necromancy skills- namely summoning ghouls- has helped me defeat both the deposed king and Bheithir quite easily. Upgrade them so you summon 3 at once and they explode upon death, Death's enemies tend to focus on the ghouls allowing you to unleash attacks on them without too much risk of being attacked yourself. I beat both bosses at level 13 using that skill. Be sure to be equipped with 5 Health Potions and 5 Wrath Potions and both fights were relatively easy. When I had initially tried them without necromancy I was getting destroyed in 1-2 hits- so its a very helpful skill to invest in

Comment #10 by SydLosttarot
Monday, September 24, 2012 @ 10:26:42 AM

Beat Thane at Level 2 on Normal. It was the first thing I worked at. A lot of trial and error. The thing that made it possible was Chaos Fang. The regular scythes only helped me get him down, at my best, three quarters down. With the CF, I could get him down half-way with relative ease. Jumped two levels after beating him. I'm optioning the movie rights :p

I didn't know I could fight Gorwood so early though. He should be a lot easier at Lvl. 12 after I'm done fighting Ghorn (?---that creature the shaman made who lives in the Scar. Need the deathglove thing that hooks to loops). And then Beithir.

Comment #12 by MADHATT3R