Darksiders 2

Darksiders 2 Achievements

A True Horseman

Complete the game on APOCALYPTIC

This difficulty is the hardest you can start at. All of the difficulties stack. You can choose to go in and do this right away if you feel brave. Otherwise, I suggest just playing on Normal and then doing this difficulty on a New Game+. This wave you are fully leveled and have all your other achievements done. You can just focus on doing the main quest and burning through the game as quick as possible.

Rate this achievementAverage Rating

Comment #1 by Space Cadet
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 01:16:28 AM

Thank gods no Nightmare playthrough is required.

Comment #2 by Zeeboy94
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 04:12:59 AM

A bronze trophy for ps3 is for completing it on nightmare, so it's probably 20g

Comment #3 by Doopliss SWE
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 06:31:53 AM

Source on that?

Comment #4 by Drazer76
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 07:44:32 AM

With the number of secret achievements there one will definitely be Nightmare =(

Comment #5 by Yo menus1
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 09:49:10 AM

Isnt Apocalyptic the highest difficulty?

Comment #6 by pined5551
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 09:56:48 AM

@1 Yeah, bit of a pointless comment. The hardest setting is the hardest setting, it matters not whether it is called Nightmare or Apocalyptic. LOL!

Comment #7 by ThePumpkinKing
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 10:42:04 AM

@5 It was in the first. I imagine that hasn't changed. Not like the first was really even that hard on Apocalyptic. Challenging. But not hard. Nice to see a good variety of achievements in DS2. Looks like this game is gonna be well worth the wait.

Comment #8 by a hippyslayer
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 01:50:49 PM

I hope this difficulty is unlocked straight away. I wasted a lot of time on a second play through because I pussed out and lowered the difficulty

Comment #9 by a hippyslayer
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 01:52:31 PM

^On the first game

Comment #10 by Space Cadet
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 02:11:38 PM

@6
Nightmare is a separate difficulty setting where if you die you have to start the whole game over. I'd say it's the hardest one, wouldn't you?

Comment #11 by Jayperr
Friday, July 20, 2012 @ 04:11:11 PM

Damn, if they include a playthrough on Nightmare as an achivement i sure as hell am not going to get 1000/1000. Knowing myself i know i do not have the patience to try anything like that :(

Comment #12 by Atomic Beam
Saturday, July 21, 2012 @ 10:35:50 AM

11@ wow what a noob -___- so easily discouraged and he did not even try it yet, your gamerscore completion must be low... You don't have to do that in one sitting may I remember you...

Comment #13 by S1cKNeSS Qc
Saturday, July 21, 2012 @ 10:42:42 AM

@12 lol :)

Comment #14 by Olley64
Monday, July 23, 2012 @ 02:38:14 PM

Can't wait to try nightmere mode... Been wait ages for this game.....

Comment #15 by SydLosttarot
Monday, July 30, 2012 @ 08:17:15 AM

Err, when was there ever a mode like that for Darksiders 1? I 1k'd that game and I never played a mode where you have to start all over if you die. Sounds like The Witcher 2 on PC to me.

Comment #16 by j sizzl
Monday, July 30, 2012 @ 10:14:43 PM

They've already confirmed in the official forums that there would be no achievement/trophy for completing Nightmare difficulty. Basically on that setting, if you die in combat it's game over. Death from falling off a cliff/into a pit or something like that would not apply. But still...having to start the entire game over would be really annoying lol.

Comment #17 by j sizzl
Monday, July 30, 2012 @ 10:18:10 PM

And by "game over" I mean start again from the beginning...old school gaming style...

Comment #18 by TroubleMaker411
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 @ 11:20:03 AM

2nd playthrough maybe, with upgrades carried over?

Comment #19 by Zaxean
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 @ 10:14:50 PM

Does a death delete your save data? How could they ever force you to "start over from the beginning"? If you don't have to beat the entire game in one sitting, there is clearly some form of save. If you die there is nothing stopping you from just reloading that save.

Comment #20 by b3nno
Wednesday, August 01, 2012 @ 11:20:22 PM

#19 seems to be on to something.. whats to stop you from d-boarding or resetting console?

Comment #21 by SydLosttarot
Thursday, August 02, 2012 @ 01:49:12 PM

It probably would overwrite your save.

Comment #22 by shakeNbake0810
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 @ 11:18:58 AM

I feel like nightmare would be like beating bioshock without vita chambers. If you die there are no checkpoints or anything u just start again from your last save. but thats just what im thinking

Comment #23 by Killbomb
Saturday, August 11, 2012 @ 08:36:34 PM

I've heard your save gets deleted if you die in combat in Nightmare but not from hazards such as falls, lava, etc. Like #20 said, if you want to cheat you could almost certainly just turn off the console if you know death is imminent.

Wonder which difficulty Nightmare will be based on. I doubt I even bother with it anyway if there is in fact no achievement to show off my hard work. :D

Comment #24 by JC R4ng3r
Friday, August 17, 2012 @ 11:22:15 AM

You onlt unlock it once you ave beaten the game. Your Charector stays with you (upgraded weapons and skills). so it might be nice to have for finishing off leveling death as you have to redo all the quests.

Comment #25 by shakeNbake0810
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 @ 01:26:46 PM

damn later on in the game apocalyptic gets tough, much tougher than the first game but its a great challenge and makes the game more fun with the acception of a couple rage moments

Comment #26 by bardok42
Monday, August 27, 2012 @ 10:51:00 AM

on nightmare mode it is the same difficulty as apocolyptic...if you die it will go to a screen that is like the normal death screen but at the top is says nightmare mode and the only choice is start over. if you dashboard at that point your save will already be erased and set back at the beginning. there is nothing stopping you from quitting if you can before you die but it is sometimes hard to predict since you can get killed in just a few hits if you are starting from the beginning on nightmare. im not sure if you are able to do a new game plus if you start on apocolyptic then go to nightmare but i know if you do normal you cant go to nightmare mode from that

Comment #27 by MLP Brandon
Monday, September 03, 2012 @ 10:19:38 AM

Really not that hard. I played on New Game +, and by the end I had fully upgraded ghouls and crows and that made it easy. 6 hours for me to beat it on Apocalyptic.

Comment #28 by Cola Dreamer
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 @ 08:52:01 PM

There is new game+? I just got the game and started on normal and am already 3 hours in not going to restart.

Comment #29 by Schwarzkopf
Friday, October 26, 2012 @ 12:34:08 PM

If i complete the game on normal mode and then complete it in New Game +, my guess is it won't unlock the apocalyptic achievement? Cause that will save me a hell of alot of time doing another game as i've almost completed it again on new game +.

Comment #30 by shura631
Monday, December 24, 2012 @ 10:48:39 AM

the dificulty achivments stack in this game?

Comment #31 by chaos muffin
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 @ 11:45:32 PM

If you're stuck on apoc, then go play some Ninja Gaiden for a bit to sharpen your focus and dodging abilities. When you return the game will be butter.

Comment #32 by HAHAROFLMAO
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 05:48:18 PM

If you want ultimate weapons for this playthrough or the 100 waves just send me a message on xbox

Comment #33 by Gilbert Prime
Monday, April 11, 2016 @ 07:42:36 PM

This game is unusual in that it actually got easier as it went. The only boss that really required Zelda-like special tactics was Karkinos in Drenchfort. Every boss after I took down using mostly teleport slash and Redemption to rebuild wrath.

I suspect Vigil blew their dev budget on Forge Lands and all the subsequent realms got cut back severely since each is far simpler. I also suspect that some achievements were meant to be more involved like the ridiculous "Mad Queen" which you get simply for talking to Lilith.

Vigil Games