Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Achievements

Beat the Cock

Win the Beat the Cock marathon

The Beat the Cock marathon is only available after “The Green Sabre” mission, and is located on the Santa Maria beach on the weekends (0:00 Saturday to 23:59 Sunday). It is highly recommended to complete the Burglary missions for this. To do this, steal $10,000 or more worth of items from people's houses. After the Burglary mission with Ryder, there will always be a black Boxville in the apartment set where you go to find B Dup. Doing this will net you unlimited sprint, making the Triathlon a cakewalk. Only attempt this with little fat, as having a high fat percentage will make CJ run slower.

This video also provides the normal way to beat the Triathlon.

Comment #1 by LuizCraft 74
Monday, October 27, 2014 @ 02:24:43 PM

Que??Não entendi...

Comment #2 by birdshake
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 06:24:21 AM

I win this every night.

Comment #3 by Big Dust
Thursday, October 30, 2014 @ 06:58:44 PM

For those having trouble with this, you can use the helicopter on the beach to fly low and collect the checkpoints over water. But never let up, the cpu's have a catchup feature even while cheating I barely beat the guy at the finish line.

[If the helicopter doesn't immediately spawn in grab a car at the parking lot by your house drive a block away and come back you will still have plenty of time.]

I'm not sure if there are any smarter ways such as conserving your sprint for a final burst, but with max muscle 75% stamina I just barely beat them cheating with the helicopter and just holding down a the rest of the way on bike and on track making sure to cut corners getting checkpoints.

Comment #4 by Sizzy
Saturday, November 01, 2014 @ 12:46:29 AM

Thanks for the advice big dust, I wouldn't have won without the heli on the swimming. I had to cut through the grass near the end too because I was passed up on the third from last marker. You must need 100 stamina to beat it without much trouble.

Comment #5 by Daniel55645
Saturday, November 01, 2014 @ 08:11:47 PM

easy way to get stamina up is use 2 rubber bands. one to hold left analog stick up, and the other to hold the A button down. Then just have CJ swim in the ocean. After a couple hours you'll have 100% stamina

Comment #6 by Dante XBA
Sunday, November 02, 2014 @ 05:37:15 AM

This is all weak. All you need to do is get $10,000 in Burglary missions, which will give you unlimited sprint.

Comment #7 by Seoulcrusher
Monday, November 03, 2014 @ 03:16:24 AM

Another easy way to win is to bring the jetpack to the race from the abandoned airstrip. Unequip it before the race and then jump back into it once the race starts. I think its faster than the helicopter and you don't have to worry about crashing into the water when you hit the checkpoints. Do the biking and running parts normally, and like Sizzy said make sure you cut corners at the very end of the race.

Also, an easier way to increase your stamina is to use the exercise bike at the gym. There's an outdoor gym on Santa Maria beach very close to the first marathon. Doing the exercise bike will also burn off any fat you have, so make sure you eat a meal afterwards if you don't want to lose muscle mass.

Comment #8 by koppn
Monday, November 03, 2014 @ 09:19:07 PM

soooo why cant i "find" the red spot to start the "mission" im done with the game. everything is at 100% except sex appeal thing.. anyway... how to unlock this "mission"???

Comment #9 by ksenchy
Tuesday, November 04, 2014 @ 08:15:35 AM

@8
It can be accessed only from 00:00 Saturdays until 23:59 Sundays. Do the burglar missions to get unlimited stamina and don't worry about the first part where they swim faster than you. Have low fat (less than 10%) and try to catch them with your bicycle. The last part, running is where you really own them legit if you have unlimited stamina and low fat. You can also hit them with golf club or cane to knock them down, but that's not needed if you have unlimited stamina.

Comment #10 by skinnypigeon
Wednesday, November 05, 2014 @ 07:35:28 PM

I agree with most of the tips above.

I did the burglary missions first unlocking the infinite stamina (something I did not know about).

During the race everyone flew off during the swim, I overtook 1 or 2 during the bike ride then breezed past the others during the run. My arm was killing afterwards from tapping the button though :)

Comment #11 by ksenchy
Friday, November 07, 2014 @ 07:45:26 AM

@10
You only need to hold down 'A', not tap it . Lol

Comment #12 by YouNeedToChill
Friday, November 07, 2014 @ 03:36:48 PM

Where on the map is this?

Comment #13 by ScoldingEmpress
Friday, November 07, 2014 @ 04:46:39 PM

@12 Santa Maria beach

Comment #14 by Hellmasker
Saturday, November 08, 2014 @ 05:27:43 AM

@11 He runs faster if you tap the button instead of just holding it in. Try it.

Comment #15 by MetalStorm178
Saturday, November 08, 2014 @ 06:58:47 AM

@8 and @9

It is also worth noting that you cannot access the challenge until after the mission "Green Saber" is complete.

If you still can't access it even though you've completed the mission and you're trying during the right times, I don't know what to tell you. Glitch maybe?

Comment #16 by frankthetank312
Sunday, November 09, 2014 @ 08:21:48 PM

This is located at the edge of Santa Maria beach just beside the lighthouse and can only be accessed on Sat or Sun.
I read about "AI catchup" and unreasonable difficulty, but I had no problem. I started with 100% stamina (No unlimited stamina from burglary mission) 100% muscle, 100% cycling, and 25% fat. I brought the jetpack for the swimming portion. Everything went smoothly until the last two or so checkpoints when one runner was threatening to overtake me. I simply moved so #2 ran into my back which slowed him considerably.

Comment #17 by DarkSoulLord666
Sunday, November 09, 2014 @ 09:39:45 PM

How do you see what day it is? I remember on the PS2 version it was located under your stats, but on this verision I can't seem to find it anywhere!. Help would be appreciated! I only got this achievement and the grindfest car exports list.

Comment #18 by MetalStorm178
Monday, November 10, 2014 @ 03:03:02 AM

@17 Hold left on the directional pad to bring up stats like respect, stamina, muscle, fat, etc. It will also tell you what day it is in the upper right corner of the window that appears.

Also, a correction to my earlier post: You can't start the marathon until after completing the mission "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom" in San Fierro. Thanks to Deranged Asylum for their video showing how to complete the achievement and the info.

Comment #19 by Night Ryder 90
Thursday, November 20, 2014 @ 04:59:19 PM

Best way to do this achievement is to follow this video referenced by #18 MetalStorm178 and thanks to Deranged Asylum for making the video.

Although, I did combine another persons idea also.
#16 Frankthetank312 had the right idea by using the Jetpack for the swimming.

My swimming took a matter of a minute, instead of 5 which is what is average time. My biking and running were like a breeze after that. My final finish time was about 13 minutes, and there was NO ONE around me.

Thanks again to:
MetalStorm178
Deranged Asylum for the video
and Frankthetank312 for Jetpack idea

Comment #20 by keith92093
Thursday, November 20, 2014 @ 05:16:19 PM

was like 8th til we started running. infinite sprint from burglary missions helped.

Comment #21 by ThisIsJustATribute
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 @ 12:50:22 AM

A little tip that may help with this is that killing the other runners in the race won't disqualify you and will actually move you up the rankings in the race, even if they've crossed the finish line. If you kill them at the beginning, you can run the entire race without any opposition.

Hope this helps.

Comment #22 by Chubzy201
Monday, December 08, 2014 @ 12:41:03 AM

i got $20,000 in one burgulary run using this guide

Comment #23 by Darthxd
Thursday, December 11, 2014 @ 04:04:56 PM

Anybody else run into some stupid burglary glitch, where CJ gets stuck walking into nothing when he tries to steal? It's beyond annoying.

Comment #24 by silverhawk97
Friday, December 19, 2014 @ 08:40:15 AM

@23. Happened to me 3 times last night. Shut down the game i was so annoyed.

Comment #25 by squirtlez
Sunday, December 21, 2014 @ 01:00:04 PM

DO YOU HAVE TO DO BOTH MARATHONS OR JUST ONE?

Comment #26 by brettoblaster
Tuesday, December 30, 2014 @ 12:48:39 AM

If anyone is wondering about a quick way to level up your cycling skill, just go to a train station and wait for one of those flatbed cargo trains to pass by and hop onto it. You may have to pedal once or twice as the train starts to move to keep up, but then you can just let go of your controller. Your bike tires will continue to spin, which will count as cycling and your skill will increase as you circle San Andreas.

Comment #27 by ludgamer97
Saturday, January 03, 2015 @ 10:11:38 AM

Ive high stamina no fat maybe 1 percemt cycle skill 100 percent but wen I have to run after the mountain bike I get tired and I have to stop I shot the rest and I got disqualified.

Comment #28 by Be5tInTheWorld
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 @ 10:26:46 AM

# 3's solution worked for me. I did not progress enough through the story to unlock the jet pack yet, so I tried the helicopter method. It did not immediately spawn for me at first, so I drove around the block and when I came back it was there. Fly low enough and progress through the checkpoints and got it. Near the end some of the runners will come up behind you. Just run in front of them and they will stop for a few seconds.

Comment #29 by Sir Backoff
Saturday, February 07, 2015 @ 11:46:17 PM

Doesn't this race also go into Las Venturas? I think this marathon or another required you did that. Right now, though, I only have San Fierro unlocked.

Comment #30 by Violent Jmann
Monday, August 31, 2015 @ 01:23:25 AM

It's a fucking joke that people are barely winning the race even when they are cheating. Rockstar should fix this. How date they out put up an achievement that is only achieved only just by cheating. Yes we like a challenge but not something wrte you're being left behind even though yoyr cycling skulls and stamina are at maximum status

Comment #31 by Violent Jmann
Monday, August 31, 2015 @ 01:25:51 AM

Oh btw you cannot shoot them from the start. I just tried that method and I got disqualified

Comment #32 by montrossity
Monday, July 04, 2016 @ 01:49:23 PM

I've won one of these races three times and the other one once, and I cannot get the achievement to unlock... This is the last one I need.

Comment #33 by Schwarzkopf
Thursday, June 06, 2019 @ 10:51:41 PM

Just so people know, this achievement is now bugged and won't work. The race will never start regardless of the time of day or night - it won't be patched either due to the new game being quite old now, making this achievement unobtainable

Comment #34 by Trapzei Is Dead
Sunday, June 30, 2019 @ 12:19:26 AM

It still works for me lol, I don't know what you mean

US October 26, 2014