Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Achievements

Grove Street War Lord

Capture 30 territories

This is done after Gang Territories are unlocked after the “Doberman” mission; kill any three enemy gang members while inside a territory to start the war.

NOTE: It is recommended to do this after returning to Los Santos from Las Venturas, as you will lose all territory gained beforehand. This will also mean you have more weapons and armaments to prepare yourself against the waves. Capture any 30 territories and this will unlock. This achievement is not cumulative; you must hold 30 at once to obtain it.

Comment #1 by Daniel55645
Sunday, October 26, 2014 @ 06:41:39 PM

Hopefully there is more than 30. I remember there being one tiny territory that I could never capture because there was never anybody there to shoot.

Comment #2 by GREY058
Monday, October 27, 2014 @ 11:05:43 AM

There's 57 territories in game, according GTA Wiki
Btw, you needed to capture "tiny" territories first, by staying in there and shooting gang members from neighbor territory to start a war

Comment #3 by MAJIN BOOSH
Monday, October 27, 2014 @ 04:51:32 PM

stats said I captured 19 and the achievement unlocked, seems like they count the territories you have off the bat after completing the mission for Sweet

Comment #4 by Doctor Dayman
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 02:35:04 AM

It unlocked at 19 taken over for me as well, my territories held was at 30 so that is what matters it seems.

Comment #5 by Doctor Dayman
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 03:11:29 AM

You can also take over the tiny territories by pulling gang members out of cars driving through them and killing them.

Comment #6 by SleazyRoller
Thursday, October 30, 2014 @ 07:35:29 AM

Does the 'gangs everywhere' glitch still work? Not only would it help with this achievement, but it is nice to have gangs all over the map.

Comment #7 by BasqueNYC
Thursday, October 30, 2014 @ 12:12:14 PM

This is something that I missed from GTA IV and V I think it would have mixed in well

Comment #8 by Big Dust
Thursday, October 30, 2014 @ 07:07:44 PM

Like Doctor Dayman already said watch out for a tiny territory in north northeast ballas turf nobody actually spawns there.

Also a bicycle can be a used as a portable bulletproof shield and is useful for getting a string of territory's

Comment #9 by Big Dust
Saturday, November 01, 2014 @ 01:42:40 PM

There is also a tiny sliver of a territory in the northeast vinewood territory to watch out for.

Also in playing I rediscovered that if you are on a bmx bike while the wave spawns in the enemy gang will stand still and not respond untill you aim at one of their members. You can literally get ten feet away hide behind the bike and kill them all within seconds.

Comment #10 by Young Tobias
Saturday, November 08, 2014 @ 10:41:48 PM

Remember to do all the gang wars BEFORE you allow the riots to begin, it becomes a lot harder after that.

Comment #11 by NotAnAathlete
Saturday, November 15, 2014 @ 07:05:06 AM

I just unlocked this, but I'm curious... is there any benefit to continuing the gang wars past this point? Should I continue and try to own them all?

Comment #12 by Twistedx Agony
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 @ 05:21:09 AM

I held 30 total and the achievement didn't pop for me?

Comment #13 by Master Cylinder
Sunday, March 15, 2015 @ 07:03:14 PM

I did this long before the Doberman mission, early on in the game. I have taken over all territories and have not done the Doberman mission yet.

Comment #14 by Twistedx Agony
Sunday, April 12, 2015 @ 08:23:01 AM

The achievement popped for me I was just drunk

US October 26, 2014