Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V Achievements

San Andreas Sightseer

Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.

The entire island of San Andreas is open from the start; however, the world will be hidden on your map by dark clouds of fog until you have explored that area. Once you have explored a certain section of the map, the fog will clear up and you can see the map as normal.

Even though most of the map will be uncovered through natural story progression, the best way to uncover the map quickly would be to use a plane or helicopter. Unlike cars, aircraft will uncover the world much faster as opposed to maneuvering through every street, mountain pass or body of water. Once you have cleared up about 98% of the island and the surrounding waters, the achievement will unlock.

Comment #1 by CoLEyDiizZLe
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 05:39:41 PM

You think this will just be drive every road?

Comment #2 by Yourburntstar
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 06:13:38 PM

I say it will most likely be each district or county or city how ever they have it worded. But I like these type of achievements, I love to explore the vast world/environments.

Comment #3 by foobarbaz
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 06:20:03 PM

Achievement: Be the first website to spoil the map of GTA V ;(

Comment #4 by XtremeDagger
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 06:34:24 PM

I remember an achievements like this being in RDR, and it was a BITCH. And with a map as huge as Los Santos, this will take a while.

Comment #5 by Jrowlands29
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 06:52:58 PM

The Icon is the outline of the map!!!

Comment #6 by faizanali
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 08:12:40 PM

This will be my favourite.

Comment #7 by BiggD
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 10:06:57 PM

@4, you could easily just buy the maps in RDR's general stores and read them to unlock the named locations. Wasn't that hard there, and shouldn't be too hard here either.

Comment #8 by BootstrapGolem
Friday, August 16, 2013 @ 11:07:30 PM

@4, hop in a plane or helicopter and just fly around? that's what i'm planning on doing.

unless there's a complete the prologue or first mission achievement, this will the first thing i do when i pick up the game on the 17th.

Comment #9 by coullgfx
Saturday, August 17, 2013 @ 02:10:56 AM

@1 very strange, I had a few drinks the other night and thought it would be great if they had an achievement to explore everywhere in the game, and here it is.

great minds think alike :P

Comment #10 by JWN
Saturday, August 17, 2013 @ 04:29:13 AM

Unless you can only unlock certain areas at a time like in past GTAs i'll be getting this within the first hour of getting it.

Comment #11 by Leviathan v2
Saturday, August 17, 2013 @ 11:20:55 AM

Lol discovering all locations in RDR was easy just buy the maps in each general store. I hope this achievement won't require every nook and cranny i hope the map is split up into districts and be like the saints row 3 achievement

Comment #12 by Axyer
Sunday, August 18, 2013 @ 05:51:47 AM

I hope this isn't like Tales of Vesperia's Map Nerd Achievement ... that took a long time

Comment #13 by HaUnTeRzZ xX
Sunday, August 18, 2013 @ 07:41:06 AM

I don't think this is the full map, San Andreas had Los santos and multiple county's not one

Comment #14 by Infinityflm
Sunday, August 18, 2013 @ 12:31:18 PM

Yes, all of the map is unlocked when you start. I just hope it's like in SA where the parts you havent discovered are just overlayed with the transparent blue and you don't actually have to go through every road to unlock the achievement.

Comment #15 by atryeu
Monday, August 19, 2013 @ 09:06:20 PM

@7 Where is the fun in that? It feels like cheating just buying the map and looking to mark things off. I found the RDR one hard too because I missed one small spot and it took forever to finally happen upon it but I love ones like this. It makes a person make the effort to enjoy the full game by exploring instead of just focusing on the missions. Exploring on your own is one of the best parts of open world games :P

Comment #16 by HaUnTeRzZ xX
Thursday, August 22, 2013 @ 11:18:58 AM

Please don't tell me the achievement is the map spoiled?

Comment #17 by Lemonlimes249
Saturday, August 24, 2013 @ 10:24:10 AM

I wonder how they'll do this

Comment #18 by 360GameTV
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 @ 07:40:04 AM

The best Way to do this, is with a Airplane or Helicopter. In my Video
you see the Mapexplore with the Achievement. Dont forget the Borders with there Isles and a "piece" from the Pacific

Comment #19 by diablo666
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 @ 07:27:57 PM

Easy with airplane or helicopter. Whole map must be discovered. even the water around the map, the reef. not under water. takes a little time..

Comment #21 by Twiztid Madness
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 @ 09:06:45 PM

Used the blimp/Took awhile but worth it!

Comment #22 by b3nno
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 @ 11:58:23 PM

I'm sick of your shitty spam azzurri, no i will not be checking out your youtube channel / vids.

Comment #23 by Northside
Friday, September 20, 2013 @ 01:37:42 AM

yea this azzuri dude has posted on everyone nobody wants to look at your garbage gameplay anyway i just spent an hour getting this first used the jet then the heli i recommend the heli and you donthave to clear the map completely it kinda of like explore the are a little and you have to explore every area i was still filling in the map when i flew over a mountain and it unlocked real time consumer here

Comment #24 by DSIS HACKZzZ
Friday, September 20, 2013 @ 08:01:11 AM

Hey join my crew and be prepared to take on GTA Online.

We will be organizing heists daily and taking on rival gangs!
You can join up-to 5 crews so don't feel like you have to make a decision between our crew and one of your friends because you don't!

This crew is currently open so anyone can join, this means you can invite your friends!
Right now the only people that are getting higher ranks are my friends but if you preform good when online comes out you too can be promoted

Comment #25 by KetchupSamurai
Friday, September 20, 2013 @ 11:31:18 AM

Wonder if u can just hop into the blimp or plane and unlock this?

Comment #26 by TommyD758
Friday, September 20, 2013 @ 12:45:33 PM

Kept crashing my plane so this took quite a while...

Comment #27 by xNTQ
Saturday, September 21, 2013 @ 03:10:49 PM

Easy when you have your own plane, just mark the blurred points and fly!

Comment #28 by xNTQ
Saturday, September 21, 2013 @ 03:10:49 PM

Easy when you have your own plane, just mark the blurred points and fly!

Comment #29 by LoneWolfGuides
Sunday, September 22, 2013 @ 06:09:00 AM

You don't need to get like the shady outline of the sea don't worry.

Comment #30 by Repulsive
Monday, September 23, 2013 @ 12:25:56 PM

Comment #31 by GaMerFreaKSA
Monday, September 23, 2013 @ 05:43:56 PM

So you just have to explore until the whole map is visible?

Comment #32 by dennisb407
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 @ 07:49:00 AM

@25

I used my blimp to unlock the map, I started with the water first you'll notice when flying there's two color tones of water the dark water is out of bounds so just stay within the light colored water. Once that's done just start filling in the middle. Like a jigsaw puzzle. Absolutely no black splotches left on map

Comment #33 by herron28
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 @ 02:06:05 AM

helicopter, fly over every road. easiest, fastest way

Comment #34 by jeenyus22
Thursday, September 26, 2013 @ 01:42:50 PM

easyyy shit lawllll ZZZZZZZZ

Comment #35 by PyschoJ2456
Friday, September 27, 2013 @ 09:11:49 PM

just remember to not press Y while flying like I did cuz you will go splat

Comment #36 by kram3r024
Saturday, September 28, 2013 @ 03:29:03 PM

Join my crew, FiveJerks OneSquirt... Plenty of open spaces so have you and your friends join. Thanks... kram3r024

Comment #37 by kettlebastonian
Saturday, September 28, 2013 @ 05:04:18 PM

You don't have to drive every road - I jumped in the chopper and flew around until the chevo popped (all the map must be 'solid', not transparent, apart from the lakes). If you're having trouble getting the achievement trying flying over the islands on the east coastline; that's what was holding it up for me.

Comment #38 by Floyd.
Saturday, September 28, 2013 @ 06:50:38 PM

#37 is spot on, the roads alone are not enough. All blurred areas, all islands, all shallow water, etc. Just finally got it while slightly out over sea. Good luck.

Comment #39 by gobluebuckeye
Monday, September 30, 2013 @ 08:06:30 AM

Is this including underwater?

Comment #40 by JDMHatchG
Monday, September 30, 2013 @ 09:24:45 AM

#39, No. Not including underwater. As stated, just make sure all the land has been discovered. It does include the mountains though. Just use a helicopter and fill in all of the missing parts of the map. You only actually have to reveal 95% of the map to get this.

Comment #41 by Infante31091
Monday, September 30, 2013 @ 11:43:51 AM

Yeah that east coastline sucks without flying...

Comment #42 by Shadowrak
Tuesday, October 01, 2013 @ 12:52:47 AM

Do this last, I had almost everything but was missing a big chunk in the NE corner. I flew up there to finish it off and before I got 1/3 of it the achievement unlocked. You don't need the continental shelf though you will get most of it doing the nuclear waste and sub parts, and apparently you don't even need to get 100% of the land (more like 96-97%).

Comment #43 by JDMHatchG
Tuesday, October 01, 2013 @ 11:42:59 AM

95%... as I stated.

Comment #44 by dirtydawg1987
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 @ 12:00:49 AM

I used a jet and you DONT have to discover all of it. Only about 90%

Comment #45 by tvwxyz
Friday, October 04, 2013 @ 09:32:01 PM

I just got this achievement. You do *NOT* have to explore literally every square inch of the map, just most of it (90-95% ?). I still have a few unexplored gaps on my map.

Comment #46 by markandsona
Friday, October 11, 2013 @ 03:41:31 AM

I have done almost everything yet this still hasn't popped up, only the airforce base is uncovered for me yet I get shot down when I fly over it. I'm 64% game completion so I am hoping there is something which allows me to cover the airfore base in one of the final missions.

Comment #47 by Purple Wedge
Friday, October 11, 2013 @ 09:00:12 PM

Helicopter or jet is best. Try and do this as early as possible as it makes playing story mode easier with everything visible

Comment #48 by TheDuke94
Saturday, October 26, 2013 @ 07:06:07 PM

Thanks, wouldn't of realised you had to uncover the black :P

Comment #49 by toshburton
Monday, December 23, 2013 @ 10:25:31 AM

people in the comments didnt read the description You think this will just be drive every road? it says in the description what exactly to do

Comment #50 by necrosbowen
Friday, January 10, 2014 @ 10:22:52 PM

Comment #51 by WCPhils
Sunday, January 19, 2014 @ 04:55:13 PM

I had to get literally 100% of everything uncovered before it unlocked. Oh well, at least I got it.

Comment #52 by xLoneWolfx01
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 @ 01:04:16 AM

I just stole the jet off the military base and flew that around!

Comment #53 by Violent Jmann
Sunday, May 11, 2014 @ 09:12:33 PM

I notice that it is hard to tell the difference between a lake, sea and undiscovered area. Because on the map they all look the same.

Comment #54 by SuposatoryHeero
Thursday, July 03, 2014 @ 03:36:37 AM

*Here's an easy way for you guys to get this*

Go to army base or anywhere you can steal a jet/plane. Fly it around everywhere. Would be easier to have a map of the place so that you don't have to keep pulling it up.

Twitter- @I_HaveToPee

XBL- SuposatoryHeero

Comment #55 by FortressGamer
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 @ 12:33:47 AM

I got this through natural progression of the game, I went out of my way very few times to discover a new area. Actually, I'd say at least 5% of my map still isn't uncovered, but the achievement popped. Easy 30G

Comment #56 by TheAbyss24
Tuesday, July 22, 2014 @ 06:33:35 AM

I just unlocked this. I found the most easy way to do it is play as Michael buy a Mallard stunt plane and just fly over all of the map. Its more easy then stealing a jet.

Comment #57 by WillieBonce
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 @ 01:43:14 AM

Helicopter or airplane is the best way to get this achievement...beautiful view, yall, especially at night time.

Comment #58 by Mark Revo Xx
Saturday, June 20, 2015 @ 02:37:21 PM

This for some reason isn't unlocking for me and I have covered every square inch of land :(

Comment #59 by coreydowns
Monday, February 15, 2016 @ 02:06:59 AM

get plane or helicopter and fly around the map

US September 17, 2013