Grand Theft Auto V

Grand Theft Auto V Achievements

Live a Little

GTA Online: Spend a total of $8,000,000 purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heists Update.

Through the Heist Update, several vehicles have been added to the game, including armored sedans, fighter jets, and even prison buses. Take note that for this achievement, players must spend a minimum of $8 million on the vehicles included in this update, not their upgrades/modifications.

Generally, most of the new vehicles are rather expensive, so players with a small pool of money will need to complete various jobs and heists in order to amass $8 million. Also, please take note that the vehicles are not all available right away. Instead, you will need to complete the heists in order to unlock them one by one. Below, there is a complete checklist of all the new vehicles included in the update with the website you can find them on through your in-game phone. Pick and choose whichever vehicles you’d like to own and the achievement should be yours in no time.

Elitas Travel

• Ubermacht Oracle XS - $82,000
  • Benefactor Schafter - $65,000
  • Cheval Surge - $38,000
  • Bravado Gresley - $29,000
  • Dundreary Landstalker - $58,000
  • Principe Nemesis - $12,000

If amassing $8 million seems a little daunting, there is a workaround for this achievement that only requires players to have at a bare minimum, $3.4 million.

To begin, complete the tutorial heist entitled, “The Fleeca Job,” as it will unlock the Karin Kuruma (Armored) for purchase. Now buy the car off the auto website for $525,000 and wait for the in-game text message that indicates the vehicle has been delivered to your garage. Go to your apartment, get inside the Kuruma, and exit the garage. Now head to the nearest Los Santos Customs and you will be able to sell the vehicle for $315,000 provided you did not damage the car on your way to the mod shop. This essentially translates to a minimal net loss of only $210,000.

From here, you will automatically exit Los Santos Customs. Open up your in-game phone and purchase another Kuruma, wait for it to be delivered to your garage, then repeat the process detailed above. You will want to continue cycling through this method exactly 16 times in order to obtain the achievement. For the math involved, 16 purchases of the Kuruma, which costs $525,000, equals $8,400,000. As to why this method only requires a minimum of $3.4 million; 16 purchases multiplied by the net loss of $210,000 equals $3,360,000.

Despite your preferred method in working towards this, once you have successfully purchased a total of $8 million worth of Heist Update vehicles, this achievement will finally unlock.

Comment #1 by cerberus276
Saturday, March 07, 2015 @ 11:52:19 PM

Well the Hydra is around $1.5 million, So What other things are in this to add upto 7.5 million D:

Comment #2 by BigStu4q
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 @ 12:44:12 PM

No Hydra.

Not sure how this works, bought all the cars from the DLC and upgraded them all. dunno how much spent so far, maybe you just need to keep buying and selling :s

Comment #3 by shadowlarvitar
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 @ 09:40:51 PM

@#2 you need to complete Heists to unlock some of the vehicles like the Hydra.

Comment #4 by BigStu4q
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 @ 09:51:42 PM

Cheers #3, hopefully I'll have them all done within a few days :)

Comment #5 by EricMickle3
Thursday, March 12, 2015 @ 10:20:37 PM

Since it is hard to find non-shitty heist teammates I'll ask here. I have the Prison Break finale ready to go and am looking for people to do it. Message EricMickle3 if you want to team up. I'll likely need people for future heists as well.

Comment #6 by Tarvu
Saturday, March 14, 2015 @ 10:04:49 AM

Expecting to have to grind this by joining random heist finale invites.

Comment #7 by The Ravanger
Saturday, March 14, 2015 @ 06:49:55 PM

Looking for players to do the special challenges like criminal mastermind with me. Below is a small list of requirements to join:

1. Speak English
2. MUST BE AT LEAST LVL 20 OR ABOVE
3. Have a mic
4. Bring a decent amount of ammo

GT: The Ravanger

Comment #8 by OxTheRedSmurfxO
Saturday, March 14, 2015 @ 11:59:43 PM

Looking for people to do heists with me and a friend preferable have mics and know how to play message OxTheRedSmurfxO or Xb Louis dX

Comment #9 by ragex33x
Sunday, March 15, 2015 @ 01:23:39 PM

If anybody wants to get $12 Million, and me my gt is iPriiDe X

I don't care what rank you are but you have to be great at the game or I won't use you for the challenge, I want to win and another thing that is a must is a mic, if you don't have a mic don't bother.

I have put the 3 challenges that total 12 million below so read them and then send me your friend request if your interested in making serious money.

--All In Order Challenge: Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus.

--Loyalty Challenge: Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000.

--Criminal Mastermind Challenge: Complete all Heists on hard difficulty, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any

Comment #10 by ragex33x
Sunday, March 15, 2015 @ 01:25:16 PM

losing any lives, to receive the $10,000,000 bonus.

Comment #11 by sobadnomad
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 @ 08:43:59 AM

Looking for 1 person to do this with. I already have 2 reliable players. Be sure to have a mic and confident in your abilities, and be able to follow directions. Message me GT: sobadnomad

Comment #12 by howboutmeow
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 @ 09:10:25 AM

Looking for a player to help out in heists. Having a mic is key :) my GT: mistresskink
Send me a message

Comment #13 by Baldwin137
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 @ 08:05:28 PM

Anyone who wants to play heists add me. I am a rank 331 and I play for fun but still need to play a few setups. Don't care if you have a mic since you really only need one for 1 mission later on.
GT:Baldwin137

Comment #14 by GazLive
Thursday, March 19, 2015 @ 08:22:00 PM

Looking for help with heists from start to finish to build money and xp... My gt is: Gazalar Live

Comment #15 by nhburton
Friday, March 20, 2015 @ 09:24:30 AM

Looking for help from 2 people with mics to complete Deliver EMP during the Humane Labs heist and then the heist itself.

Deliver EMP requires full team coordination and detection means failure which is why mics are essential. Once that is done we also need to complete the final two heists in full as well so anyone looking to gather coin is welcome. I'll guarantee a 25% cut.

Anyone interested message me on Xbox Live. We are online most evenings from 7pm GMT during weekdays and this weekend (though not Saturday night - out drinkin') and this is on Xbox 360.

GT: nhburton.

Comment #16 by ACH3VM3NTHUNT3R
Sunday, March 29, 2015 @ 05:08:00 AM

Can you do it with the Casco/Lectro?

Comment #17 by The Ravanger
Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 02:51:48 AM

1. Speak English
2. MUST BE AT LEAST LVL 40 OR ABOVE
3. Have a mic
4. Bring a decent amount of ammo
5. Have juggernaut armor and bullet proof helmet(see notes for details)
6. Have lots of snacks and reserve body armor on you

GT: The Ravanger

Note 1: Juggernaut armor aka "The Strength" is an armor that maybe purely cosmetic in freemode and non-heist jobs, but makes just as powerful or almost as powerful as your paleto score counterpart armor in story mode. A walking tank if you may.

Comment #18 by The Ravanger
Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 02:53:05 AM

Note 2: Before we start the challenge I need your help on the pacific standard finale(as in the finale itself NOT the setup missions). I believe I may have found a way to complete the job without losing ANY cash aside from the elite challenge bonus. See note# 3 on details of the plan

Note 3: Step 0: Have "player saved outfits" on and equip your juggernaut armor
Step 1: Set off the alarm after killing a civie or two(you'll see why in step 6)
Step 2: Have ONLY person pickup and carry the cash in the vault
Step 3: When your about to leave the bank their will be a few squad of cops outside, have the money carrier stay inside until the coast is clear then move up to the alley

Comment #19 by The Ravanger
Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 02:57:14 AM

Step 4: Two guys will clear out all the cops coming from the front of the alley, the money carrier will keep his head down and the last guy will take care of the police coming from behind and guard the carrier

Step 5: Two guys look for the nearby SWAT TRUCK(NOT THE VAN) after getting to lectros

Step 6: Everyone in the truck and move out to the destination

Comment #20 by Goatlips
Monday, April 13, 2015 @ 01:50:44 PM

#9 The Criminal Mastermind $10M challenge will never happen.
Good tips for buying then selling the Karuma in the guide - unless there's
a better way. Wish I'd murdered more prostitutes when that hilarious
money glitch worked now - that was my favourite thing in the entire game!

Comment #21 by Goatlips
Monday, April 13, 2015 @ 01:56:05 PM

#3 "Also, this should be fairly easy after you do Criminal Mastermind challenge. You get 10 million, spend 8 of that on vehicles and you're done."
LOL - dumber than my dog.
P.S. Why would anyone want a 5-seater Velum when the original
holds 10?

Comment #22 by Goatlips
Monday, April 13, 2015 @ 02:00:10 PM

Which of the Warstock vehicles can be bought and stored in your garage?

Comment #23 by Goatlips
Monday, April 13, 2015 @ 02:04:32 PM

4? Insurgent & I. Pick Up;
Technical; Mesa?

Comment #24 by EricMickle3
Thursday, April 16, 2015 @ 12:52:21 AM

I am still looking for people to do heists with on Xbox One. Message EricMickle3 if interested.

Comment #25 by Goatlips
Thursday, April 30, 2015 @ 12:12:16 AM

They hotfixed the 360 money/car duplication glitch I was using. :(
I think I actually LOSE money doing heists with the absolute fucking SPASTICS who I join. The pricks who set it to Hard then force you to do it without the flak jacket need kicking to death - then they die constantly and quit.
Hopefully the $8M is across both characters.

Comment #26 by Brazil002
Thursday, May 07, 2015 @ 05:01:09 PM

Looking for people who want to do heists on 360 and are good at them gt:Brazil002

Comment #27 by BigStu4q
Friday, May 29, 2015 @ 04:38:33 PM

Hi all, working on this now. My friends seem divided about one issue of this. Does upgrading the heist vehicles in LSC count towards the cash spent?

Comment #28 by Mark Revo Xx
Saturday, June 20, 2015 @ 02:47:17 PM

Just like it says in guide, save up to around 3.4- 3.5$ (million) and keep buying Casco or kuruma (must be aurmored) and after a while should unlock

Comment #29 by dewst
Sunday, July 19, 2015 @ 10:48:35 PM

If anyone actually wants to go for the criminal mastermind challenge I'd be more than happy to be apart of a team for it. I've beat every heist more than once and replayed the setups many times, I have one or two friends that are experienced aswell. Let me know.

- doostt

Comment #30 by RandomDero
Friday, October 02, 2015 @ 09:29:50 AM

Looking for experienced decent players to complete all the heists with, message me on xbox 360. Bit of a noob to online....
Gamertag = Random Dero

Comment #31 by SAVUIOR
Friday, October 02, 2015 @ 10:23:21 PM

Looking to do criminal mastermind on 360 with any team or players.
GT: SAVUIOR

Comment #32 by Miikesmama
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 @ 02:27:54 PM

We are 3 dedicated, non-BS players looking for a forth player to do all Heist DLC achievements. We are online most evenings, European time.

If interested, GT is: Miikesmama

Comment #33 by AchieveMen
Thursday, October 22, 2015 @ 04:58:56 AM

I found this guide to do it the easy way

Comment #34 by TheFlaminBean
Monday, January 23, 2017 @ 09:36:30 PM

Looking for a crew to do all the Heists on 360! Preferebaly with mic and English-speaking. Message me if you're interested. GT: TheFlaminBean

Comment #35 by WolfWiz99
Sunday, March 04, 2018 @ 06:38:29 PM

Hey;looking for 2 or 3 teammates to complete all heists and get the Criminal Mastermind award on Xbox 360. Preferably have a mic, speak English and be a decent level (50+). GamerTag is WolfWiz99; message if interested :)

US September 17, 2013