Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Achievements

Lone Wolf Legend

Halo 4: Complete every level of the game on Legendary difficulty, by yourself.

This achievement will unlock once all eight missions of the Halo 4 Campaign have been successfully completed on a Solo Legendary playthrough. There are multiple methods in tackling the missions of the Campaign, but keep these general tips in mind when playing:

• Utilize the Noob-Combo (Plasma Pistol/Battle Rifle or DMR) at all times when facing Elites and Knights; an overcharged Plasma Pistol shot will drain their shields, and a quick three-shot burst to the head will down the enemies easily
  • Utilize vehicles – Warthogs, Scorpions, Ghosts, and Banshees – as frequently as possible; their firepower in mission such as Forerunner, Reclaimer, and Shutdown will help clear out areas quickly and you can even drive past enemy encounters if the mission allows for it
  • When facing Hunters, get close enough so that they charge at you, allowing time to side step their attack; when the orange flesh on their back is exposed, shoot it, as this is their only weak spot
  • When squaring off against the Prometheans, always kill Watchers first; they act as a Knight’s defense unit
  • Try avoiding close-quarters combat with Knights; their arm blades will tear you to pieces in one swipe at times
  • Don’t neglect the basics of using cover; when your shields drop down, hide behind a wall or crouch behind an object before charging back out into battle
  • Try exploring the levels and finding alternate routes behind or around the enemies; this can help save time by skipping major firefights on levels such as Forerunner, Reclaimer and Composer

Overall, because seasoned Halo players will be familiar with both level design and enemy behavior, completing the entire Campaign on Legendary will be quite easy. If a text-based walkthrough is necessary, be sure to visit THIS GUIDE for further assistance with this achievement. Once all the missions in Halo 4 have been completed Solo, on the Legendary difficulty setting, this achievement will be yours.

Comment #1 by willberry88
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 @ 12:15:02 PM

I was really hoping this one wouldn't be included :'-(

Comment #2 by IRISH POTATO3s
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 @ 04:24:37 PM

Gonna get it again!

Comment #3 by Xyjar
Monday, November 10, 2014 @ 06:16:46 PM

One of the only achievements I didn't have fun getting. Just not as fun solo. :

Comment #4 by creaper210
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 @ 08:07:24 AM

I agree with #3
I play these for the fun coop, and I really don't have nearly as much fun solo as I do in coop.

Comment #5 by ryano9929
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 @ 03:00:53 PM

Is the glitch from Halo 4 still in the game? If it is all you have to do is beat each level from the last rally point on legendary. makes it so much easier.

Comment #6 by Deadagain500
Thursday, November 13, 2014 @ 10:44:19 PM

This achievement glitched for me. I completed it and got the Legend of 117 but not this one. It says it's stuck at 87 percent but I have completed all missions

Comment #7 by xOCryptKeeperOx
Sunday, November 16, 2014 @ 09:54:39 PM

#6 I had the same problem. It glitched for me as well for Requiem. For some reason it registered the achievements that involving completing a co-op level on normal, heroic, and legendary, even though it showed I did it on solo. If you got those achievements you need to repeat the level that gave it to you. That's what I had to do for Requiem.

Comment #8 by MrChippyChapman
Monday, November 17, 2014 @ 11:08:37 PM

And to top it off the glitch from the original isn't still in so we have to do it all.

Comment #9 by M1STA KR4ZY
Thursday, November 20, 2014 @ 09:01:47 PM

sure.. im bout to hope offline in 20 min tho.. but ill be back online around 2 hours from now

Comment #10 by M1STA KR4ZY
Thursday, November 20, 2014 @ 09:02:49 PM

im looking for other gamers with mic that want to go for this achievement.. add or message me .. gt is
M1sta KR4ZY

Comment #11 by Yin
Friday, November 21, 2014 @ 05:33:53 AM

@10, g8 b8 m8

Comment #12 by TheForrester
Saturday, November 22, 2014 @ 11:27:40 AM

Wow, so pissed I just realised there is only one achievement for solo lengendary. Just finished CE on lendenary solo and got nothing. What happened to all the solo legendary achievements?!? Wtf!

Comment #13 by Fuzzyballs985
Sunday, November 23, 2014 @ 10:28:17 AM

Ohhh great it's glitched. Played every level solo in legendary but still haven't got it.

Comment #14 by H2O HugsNKisses
Sunday, November 23, 2014 @ 11:33:22 AM

Just finished on Legendary Solo checked my progress after not getting the achievement only have credit for 4/8... Won't even tell me which 4 I've got credit for or didn't :<

Comment #15 by Fuzzyballs985
Sunday, November 23, 2014 @ 12:11:16 PM

Hey H2O you may have the same problem as me. I figured out that 2 of my levels say I've done them in co-op and not solo. Still haven't figured out which ones yet but try figure it out and replay them, if that's any help.

Comment #16 by H2O HugsNKisses
Sunday, November 23, 2014 @ 02:12:06 PM

Just found out how to see which levels you're missing..

Game keeps track of score whether you want it to or not

Go top

Options & Career
Leaderboards
Campaign Scoring
Difficulty: Legendary
Players: Solo

I did all 8 missions solo but gives me credit for 4, the other 4 it said I had two Players and told me which maps. The maps it said I had two in I did in the Halo 4 Legendary Playlist instead of "Main Menu" "Campaign". Might be a glitch or something, guess I'll try the 4 I said I had two not on the Halo 4 Playlist and see what happens.

Comment #17 by Yin
Sunday, November 23, 2014 @ 10:59:15 PM

While the game tracks whether you've finished a mission solo or not, the game utilizes the statistics on the scoring screen when checking if you finished a level solo or not.

Basically, if save & quit and resume the game later, at the end of the mission the end mission screen appears as two of your own profile, which counts it as two players. I find this rather odd, especially since the game clearly shows that you've finished the game solo on legendary.

Comment #18 by Fuzzyballs985
Monday, November 24, 2014 @ 09:11:28 AM

YES, just got it. Had to replay requiem and infinity and it finally counted for me doing it solo. Persistence does pay off. Good luck to anyone else out there who suffered like me. I have faith you'll get it.

Comment #19 by xHeadHunterrz
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 @ 11:51:59 PM

Yeah it glitched for me too, gonna' try doing what #16 says now

Comment #20 by xHeadHunterrz
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 @ 11:54:32 PM

Dawn, Reclaimer and Midnight, are you fucking kidding me, ugh

Comment #21 by Naughts
Monday, December 01, 2014 @ 10:52:50 PM

Gone in to the menus and I still can't see where it tells you what ones your missing, I'm on 91% complete so there's only 1 to do even though I done them all solo. Amount of achievement glitches in this game!

Comment #22 by Naughts
Tuesday, December 02, 2014 @ 10:26:38 AM

It was composer but it's what #17 said, only mission I saved on cos I had to go out so don't save/resume! Complete the missions and if you need a break restart from mission select and do not resume

Comment #23 by iMasterspy
Thursday, December 04, 2014 @ 02:57:36 PM

Screw 343 seriously. I only completed 3 missions solo according to halo while I have done them all solo. This achievement can kiss my ass. I already hate halo 4 and I'm not gonna replay 5 missions.

Comment #24 by TheThunder98
Friday, December 12, 2014 @ 02:38:29 AM

That whole not being able to save/resume thing sucks. I've beaten the game on legendary but no achievements and I have no idea what mission I have to redo.

Comment #25 by LIFTY643
Friday, December 19, 2014 @ 10:53:01 AM

Bull crap I dome all levels solo no ach on record says dome all solo on ach % its 22%

Comment #26 by Darth Speedy
Thursday, January 08, 2015 @ 09:29:31 PM

Saving and resuming works for me... I just have to levels to go. I just check to see if the percentage goes up after each level.

Comment #27 by randomnessftwman
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 @ 08:31:49 AM

#26 is smart keep track after each level and if it didn't count it just replay it I've sunken more time on Halo 4 then any other Halo it's the only Halo on 360 that I got all the original 1000G on and the only Halo I solo Legendary (only 2 DLC achievements that didn't need to be on certain maps I got too but all original 1000G I got) so overall I've played Halo 4 the most...is it my favorite? No Halo 2 is but I enjoy Halo 4's gameplay more I just love the story of Halo 2 more I am a little annoyed that there's an achievement to do all 100 Spartan Ops missions on Legendary Solo only because they get tedious...I wonder if all the RvB Easter Eggs are in Spartan Ops still lol

Comment #28 by curtped
Thursday, January 15, 2015 @ 07:15:59 PM

@27 as of right now you can get all of the level completion achievements for Spartan Ops by starting each chapter individually and then save/quit the second that it loads.

Hurry though before it gets patched out.

Comment #29 by elevenution
Saturday, March 28, 2015 @ 10:08:10 PM

You can get this achievement co-op.

Originally, we were playing through Reclaimer Legendary with three people and pretty much at the very end of the level we were disconnected. It put us all into our own game. So, we all finished the level within a couple minutes. The game gave us credit on the achievements for completing the level.

We just finished out another level (Shutdown for testing purposes) where we ran through the level as fast as possible, and before we pulled Cortana and jumped, I, as host, disconnected the ethernet cable for one second and plugged it back in. It kicked us to our own games, we completed the level seperately, and the percentage went up on the snapped achievements for both of us.

We will do more testing with all the levels, but as of now, you can

Comment #30 by ColBurke
Saturday, March 28, 2015 @ 10:09:59 PM

Agree with #29. This is how I got a few levels finished.

Comment #31 by elevenution
Saturday, March 28, 2015 @ 10:25:36 PM

Just verified again with "Dawn". Played through online with a friend, and after you fire the missle and regain control, I pulled the cable for one second and we both got credit for beating the level on Legendary solo. Snapped achievement percentage increased.

Comment #32 by elevenution
Friday, April 10, 2015 @ 10:52:11 PM

Well, I don't know if anyone else still needs verification, but my buddy and I completed the achievement fully co-op with the disconnect method.

Just make sure you know when the end of the level is, otherwise you have to complete it without your co-op partner. Easy enough to do, but we were wanting to just get it done. Respawns and double the firepower make that go a lot quicker.

Comment #33 by Dr Chris PhD
Saturday, February 13, 2016 @ 04:08:47 AM

Okay. SO. A friend and I completed two co-op missions in MCC Halo 2 (on legendary). I already beat it previously with another friend, so when I played it with this second friend, he didn't get the credit for completing it in co-op, and I couldn't since I already had the credit already. The reason he didn't was because he didn't sign out properly the last time he played, so when we played, he just hit "okay" to acknowledge the message about improper sign-in. We assume that's why he didn't get credit. Now to my point... I noticed I got credit on HaloWaypoint.com for beating MCC Halo 4 - Shutdown on solo legendary, but in reality I've never played it solo, but I HAVE played Shutdown in co-op, and my time on Waypoint.com for Shutdown solo legendary just had a line through it. SO... I have

Comment #34 by Dr Chris PhD
Saturday, February 13, 2016 @ 04:15:06 AM

[....continued....] yet to test this theory, but I THINK if a co-op partner just turns off the console (instead of going to the dashboard, highlighting the MCC box, then pressing start and going to "Quit"), then turns it back on without closing out of MCC and instead just presses "Okay" on the MCC's sign-in error message, it tricks the game into thinking the co-op partner is offline and you can then play co-op and get full credit for playing it solo (with the exception of no time being entered). Again, I have yet to test this because my real friends aren't as enthusiastic about achievements as I am and they don't want to waste the time on such a "test," so I'm not 100%, but my theory seems to be correct based upon the evidence. Can anyone else prove or refute this?

Comment #35 by sin 1
Thursday, June 11, 2020 @ 05:19:33 PM

I'm an easy going, team player that gets along with almost everyone.
Feel free to add me for co-op game-play and help with achievements.

Gamer Tag: GDMF