Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Achievements

No Easy Way Out

Halo 4: Survive Spartan Miller (Ep.5 Ch.1) of Spartan Ops on Heroic or Legendary.

Despite the achievement’s description leading players to believe that this mission must be completed with dying, that’s not the case at all. In fact, this achievement will unlock so long as you simply complete the initial objective of this mission. That objective is rather simple: Activate the two UNSC terminals and protect at least once of them from the dozen waves of Promethean enemies.

As a general note, this achievement is best done on Heroic with 1-3 other players. The extra firepower is great when picking off Watchers and Crawlers and facing off against Knights. Towards the end of this mission, the waves of enemies will begin to die down a little bit and you will be required to activate a new switch on the equipment on the central structure. Before doing this, make sure to kill the two Knights on the top level of this structure and any other Promethean enemies that spawn into the area after these Knights’ death.

Once the entire area is clear of enemies, you will unlock the achievement and can now proceed to activate the switch and continue with the mission's objective(s) as normal. Remember, you can die as many times as you want, as it does not void anything related to the achievement.

Comment #1 by theriskysloth
Friday, January 09, 2015 @ 04:58:41 PM

this achievement isnt unlocking for me, anyone else having issues?

Comment #2 by ian333333
Saturday, January 10, 2015 @ 07:09:28 PM

survive as in complete the mission or do not die?

Comment #3 by rknb117
Sunday, January 11, 2015 @ 11:08:51 AM

Ok to do this achievement, you need at least one device thingy to survive, and you also need to kill all the enemies BEFORE activating the orange switch.

Comment #4 by makota niehe
Monday, January 12, 2015 @ 03:34:48 AM

Comment #5 by randomnessftwman
Sunday, January 18, 2015 @ 10:56:44 PM

hated this one on the 360 only Spartan Ops achievement I needed to do co-op every other one I did solo except this one because the knights are a pain

Comment #6 by HaloCompletionist
Sunday, February 08, 2015 @ 01:55:17 AM

VIDEO GUIDE

Comment #7 by Weems2k
Monday, November 02, 2015 @ 06:43:14 AM

Believe it or not, but I somehow got this on Legendary and Solo. Have no idea how really as I am mainly just doing my Legendary run. I was using Halo Completionist strategies mostly. I lost one of the Power Units and thought I lost the other when the next objective came up. Naturally I killed everything that came up before activating it, with many deaths too. When I blasted the final Knight, low and behold the achievement popped. Kinda wished I would have recorded it now.

Comment #8 by sin 1
Thursday, June 02, 2016 @ 09:19:50 AM

I'm an easy going, team player that gets along with almost everyone.
Feel free to add me for co-op game-play and help with achievements.

GT: sin 1