Madden NFL 12

Madden NFL 12 Achievements

Bryan McCann Award

Return an interception 100+ yards (No OTP or co-op)

Edit your LB's and/or CB's stats to 99, enter a game with the Reaction Time and Interceptions sliders adjusted to 100. You must Intercept a ball from your End Zone to return it 100+ Yards. When the CPU QB throws the ball, quickly hit until your selected defender is near the receiver. Hit to intercept.

Comment #1 by chizrocker88
Friday, July 29, 2011 @ 11:58:23 AM

Regardless of McCann doing this last season, it should still be called the "Ed Reed Award" since he owns the record. (108 yards)

Comment #2 by CNParrothead
Thursday, August 25, 2011 @ 11:03:17 PM

As a Cowboys fan I find it funny, he might not even make the team this year.

Comment #3 by TrplDeuce222
Saturday, September 03, 2011 @ 10:51:10 AM

As a Baltimore native and Ravens fan, i completely agree with #1, although i think i may be mistaken, i think he broke his own record with 109 yards

Comment #4 by Spooferfish
Saturday, September 03, 2011 @ 03:11:01 PM

The achievements are named after things that happened LAST YEAR. They're not going to, and shouldn't be excepted to, break the pattern they chose for the achievement names because you like the Ravens.

Is there anyway to set this one up, or do I just have to wait for the opportunity?

Comment #5 by Platinum Mattress
Sunday, September 04, 2011 @ 04:49:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Any time I get in an easy situation for this, the CPU runs the ball or something of that nature.

Comment #6 by CHUDmac
Monday, September 05, 2011 @ 12:15:32 AM

Ok, so check this:
I got this using the MUT (trying to work towards the MUT achievements, too). I played my MUT team against the Patriots (a good passing team). I built up a 35-14 lead, and around the 3rd quarter, whenever on offense, I would run the ball so that my RB would go out around my 20 yard line. I would kick a field goal (obviously not going to make it) so they would have possession around the 13. Set up in a prevent defense, adjust the CPU QB accuracy skill to around 30, and wait for a pick 6.

Comment #7 by iAlexandrou
Monday, September 05, 2011 @ 09:46:39 AM

Does this actually work? Is it just a waiting game after you set it up or is it automatic?

Comment #8 by CHUDmac
Monday, September 05, 2011 @ 04:46:25 PM

You have to have a big enough lead to get the computer to throw the ball inside of the 10 yard line - the trend is just to run, but with a big lead, they will need to score right away. Force the computer to punt (easiest by going into the settings and adjusting the offsides penalties to 0, then just move one of your LBs by the QB and when he snaps the ball, sack him). Once he goes 3 and out, he'll punt on 4th down. Take the punt and (if necessary) run backwards so that you end up out of bounds around YOUR 20 yard line. On 1st down, select special teams and kick a field goal - you won't make it, but the point is to give them good position to throw for the end zone every down. If you have a big enough lead (around 21+ points), the QB will try to score quick so they can get the ball back. T

Comment #9 by CHUDmac
Monday, September 05, 2011 @ 04:50:48 PM

Take the CPU accuracy down to 30, and when they throw for the end zone, press B to control the player nearest the ball and Y to try to pick the pass off in the end zone. It is not automatic - you will have to avoid being tackled during the foot race. This is why I used the MUT team with elite secondary against Tom Brady (who loves to pass). Good luck, it took me a couple of games to get this.

Comment #10 by dude1996
Monday, September 05, 2011 @ 06:12:02 PM

coming from a steelers fan , james harrisons 106 yard touchdown int. in the superbowl tops all of those

Comment #11 by Twiztidly
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 @ 04:37:49 PM

your wrong Pittsburgh v... as a steelers fan you should know it was a 100 yard INT not 106....

Comment #12 by TheAlmightyJC
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 @ 04:32:49 PM

send me a friend request we can do this online or in mut togeather my gt is :thealmightyjc

Comment #13 by V3T Hunter
Thursday, September 08, 2011 @ 02:27:42 AM

I got this achievement by accident against the patriots and using a Keith Brooking no less.

Comment #14 by twood94
Monday, September 19, 2011 @ 05:47:38 AM

impossible!

Comment #15 by ItsCHARLES
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 @ 01:34:02 AM

Just get a big lead and then keep turning the ball over inside your own 20 yard line. They will make a mistake sooner or later. Big props to #13 for doing it with Keith Brooking. I picked off Alex Smith twice in the end zone with Hawk and Matthews but they were too slow to make it all the way. I got it with Charles Woodson late in the game. GO BLUE!!!

Comment #16 by Viper8828
Friday, September 23, 2011 @ 07:01:08 PM

this is how u do it easily (i already had bengals with low speed) and just put the fs ss and cb on man on the 1 and only wr and all other def players on qb spys and on off have everyone block except that one 1 on a streak into the endzone

Comment #17 by RMF39
Thursday, October 06, 2011 @ 05:45:57 PM

I got this by using the Jets vs the Cardinals with 2 controllers with each on rookie and just passed with the cardinals every play in the endzone and eventually returned it with Antonio Cromartie and every time Arizona turned it over I would just do a field goal

Comment #18 by ULTiMATEBALLA15
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 @ 01:48:54 PM

I got this in an Ultimate Team game using Champ Bailey playing online my last achievement to get my 1000 G!!

Comment #19 by Bacon Bitz6664
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 @ 08:17:30 AM

hey guys, just wanted to say that there is an easier way (unless you have like a 95+ ultimate team). I do not have this achievement but I picked one off at the 1 and ran it back 99 yards so i know that this will work, and while there is no exact way to MAKE the quarterback throw the ball to you at the right place i have some tips to help maximize your chances for multiple achievements at once.

Instead of using a MUT just go to the rosters and make a "dream team". I have tom brady, greg jennings, troy palamalu, ed reed, vince wilfork, etc. Grab everybody above 90 ovr you can. (I ran it back with rogers-cromartie). During this same game i also got "put da team on my back" (99Yd Jennings TD) and Deshawn Jackson award, NY Giants award etc. While this has essentially the same effect as the M

Comment #20 by Beatmosh
Thursday, November 03, 2011 @ 08:17:14 PM

Done with Ed Reed 106 yards turning around a 7 point game that was almost a 14 point game to win with a field goal as time expired... For me it was the Disney Film ending award

Comment #21 by FIENDRAIDER
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 @ 08:04:22 PM

This didn't unlock for me when I did it. I used two controllers.

Comment #22 by ty tan trouble
Monday, January 02, 2012 @ 01:19:48 PM

I picked some guy on MUT online 5 times and got this award as one of them.

Comment #23 by Diesel11
Saturday, January 07, 2012 @ 08:21:00 PM

this is challenging, cant get it..ugh

Comment #24 by Jimskeleton
Saturday, January 14, 2012 @ 04:52:38 PM

@21 you can't do it with 2 controllers that is why it didn't pop up.

Comment #25 by oolala1010
Sunday, January 22, 2012 @ 06:54:40 PM

Antione Bethea of the Colts

Comment #26 by Diesel11
Thursday, February 02, 2012 @ 09:45:47 PM

finally got it! did it on a head to head game, also got 2 pick 6's and 4 int. in 1 game, lots of gamer in 1 game...

Comment #27 by gamecrazy96
Sunday, March 04, 2012 @ 02:47:13 PM

i got this with my cousin. What I did was max out my stats and then he lowered his. Got the achievement returned the stats to normal and then got it again on accident.

Comment #28 by jeffgordon24
Sunday, March 11, 2012 @ 10:55:38 AM

i just cant get this 1 ill try it with my mom because she sucks at this game :)

Comment #29 by UrMomIzBetter
Saturday, May 19, 2012 @ 01:34:40 PM

this is the last one i need. but every time i pick one its always with a LB so i always get caught form be hide damn this one

Comment #30 by TheCokeSlurpee
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 @ 12:34:11 AM

Yeah this one sucks, one of my last ones

Comment #31 by CleavableSwine5
Saturday, May 26, 2012 @ 02:10:19 PM

It's easy to get it, when you just play online

Comment #32 by burdy940
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 @ 06:50:06 PM

Anyone wanna boost this...

Comment #33 by XcS Dead Deer
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 @ 12:59:02 PM

Got this last night with Ed Reed on all pro! Picked it off in the back right corner of the endzone, ran about 10 yards up the sideline to make a guy miss, then immediately went straight left, then up the left sideline. Nobody was able to catch me

Comment #34 by Und3rAverageJoe
Thursday, September 06, 2012 @ 11:58:51 AM

I'm still having trouble with this one, which is frustrating because I've done this before and when it's an achievement I can't lol.

Comment #35 by BiG PoPpA CrIsP
Friday, February 22, 2013 @ 07:22:48 AM

Looking for someone to boost this with me in an unranked match, message me if interested GT: BiG PoPpA CrIsP

EA Tiburon