Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise Achievements

Come And Have A Go

Earn a Gold Combat Medal

The quickest way to get this is to start a new garden with a Roario and a few Barkbarks. Poke the Roario with the trick stick a few times and it will turn red and attack the nearest pinata. If you equip the dogs with Halo of Hardness, the Pinata will immediately heal itself after going down, saving some time. You must win 2 fights for Bronze, 7 fights for Silver, 17 fights for Gold. Make sure you do this quickly, or have a few more expensive Pinatas in the garden. My first attempt, I got to 15 and had Professor Pestor come and blow up my Roario because I went to look something up on the computer.

You can not earn this achievement by scanning a Pinata card.

Comment #1 by HimiTomoki
Tuesday, March 15, 2011 @ 09:11:55 PM

My lovely Dragonashe beat Pester 30+ times. He sometimes started fights by himself and I sometimes sent him to fight, but I didn't get the achievement.

So I think in order to get this achievement, fights must be between 2 piƱatas :(

Comment #2 by Natey87
Friday, April 01, 2011 @ 03:33:26 PM

i used a Limeoceros. since the Rhino knocks Pester out i didnt have an issue there (always a good idea to keep one in your garden, though they do take up a lot of space) and every time a free Whirlm came in i got the two to fight. with a Halo of Hardness on the rhino so he didnt die. bought some extra Whirlms from Gretchen to speed things up a bit. only took about 10 minutes, hope this helps. still gotta do it for a Roario using the prescribed method, but with my Limeoceros around Pester wont be a problem.

Comment #3 by Lyco
Saturday, April 30, 2011 @ 11:43:57 PM

Can I point out that if your worried about Pester coming in and killing the pinata your trying to get the combat medal for there are a few ways to sort him out:

* Have a few Decoy Pinatas in the garden, bought from Costalots store they'll always be targeted by Pester before anything else.

* Have a Limeocerous or Dragonache in the garden.

* Or if you actually manage to catch him before he chooses a target, press B on him and give him 500 coins and he'll leave. (If you can't afford to keep doing that, you obviously haven't discovered the Wishing Well, look it up on the net, money is very flawed in this game as from the second you get around 2k you can earn millions in minutes).

Comment #4 by LeXXuz
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 @ 06:41:55 AM

Just make a stonewall or hedgerow along the side with the totem and Pester will never bother you. He cannot break the wall neither the hedge and will stay out forever.

Comment #5 by xJustLuca
Friday, June 24, 2011 @ 10:21:48 AM

My Pieena won 17 times and beat different pinatas.
I did get the achievement.
The problem is that (i think) he must not lose.

Comment #6 by MrLister123
Saturday, July 30, 2011 @ 11:02:01 AM

@#5 You can lose a fight and it will still work but my redhot got the achievement when it had won 18 times (I was trying to get a dragumfly resident) and it lost a couple of times to a spider

Comment #7 by iDeary 97
Monday, August 01, 2011 @ 07:17:03 AM

Ok....
1. Get limeoceros.
2. Put halo of hardness on limeoceros.
3. Fill garden with whirlms.
4. Tap whirlms with shovel until they get annoyed and start fighting the limeoceros
5. Repeat step 4 until you get the achievement.

Comment #8 by JimmyBobHarris
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 @ 05:37:05 PM

The Newgat and Lickatoad tend to fight quite often. Purchase a halo of hardness for both and you should achieve a gold combat medal on one or the other!

Rare